Protecting your confidential data comes in many forms. Confidential shredding is one form of data protection for businesses in Limerick and or Galway.
Maybe the business of shredding services won’t appeal to everyone. But if you ask the number of companies availing of paper shredding limerick, you would be seriously surprised by knowing the benefits and the business profits they are making from utilising a professional data shredding service.
Well, as I will explain to you, shredding companies destruct the information from company’s paper & electronic waste and recycle the same for their re usability in making newspaper, egg cartons and kitchen roll. After running some R&D, I have gathered some of the interesting facts you must know about shredding.
- When 1 ton of paper waste is recycled, it actually saves 17 trees, 7000 Gallons of water and 4000 KW of energy. Also must be mentioned the land they accommodate to do so. The 17 trees are enough to consume 250 lbs of CO Way to Go!!
- In 1988, when US top court quoted that any personal waste once thrown in the public bins will be under government authorities. Home shredding machines took a steep growth in sales.
- Want to be one of the confidential shredding specialists? Well, to destruct anything you need to be certified to do so in line with European and Irish Standards. Simply providing a certificate of destruction is no longer good enough as any Company can simply construct a cert of destruction.
- Some of the advanced machines are capable converting your A4 size paper into 100s of tiny pieces up to a minimum size of 3mm!! Within The EN 15713 shredding standard there are shred sizes, the most professional and secure shredding providers can offer various shred sizes from No. 1 right up to No. 8.
- In 1979, The US embassy was attacked by some Iranian revolutionaries in order to retrieve their identity documents. As the documents were shredded in strips only, it was easy to retrieve info from them. These urged the need of cross cut shredders and were developed instantly after.
- With the rise in technology, standard cross cut shredders can be reconstructed, it is advised that Shred Size No. 6 (320 mm squared particles) is the ideal shred for security and beyond reconstruction.
- Last but not the least; Abbot Augustus Lowe founded the first ever shredding machine in 1909. Though it wasn’t massive, the latest of our shredders work on the derived principles of that machine.
Thought provoking info for Confidential Shredding Specialists and Paper Shredding Service users. For more information on our confidential shredding service, please email us at : email@example.com