Paper Shredding Services are an important part of business practice. A reputable onsite shredding service can be incorporated for business Data Protection.
Cyber Security comes in many forms and one method which is targeted regularly are credit cards. Criminals will try anything into tricking people to obtain credit card numbers. There are a number of preventative methods you can use to protect your details. Below is a list of steps to look out for to improve your data security:
- Don’t be tricked into giving away confidential information; make sure you do not respond to emails or phone calls requesting confidential information. Report any suspicious activity to IT and/or your manager.
- Don’t use an unprotected computer; ensure to use a computer that has latest approved security software prior to viewing and company information (particularly if you are viewing the material from an internet café or shared computer)
- Don’t leave sensitive information on your desk; Keep them safe by locking them in a drawer or have them destroyed – shredded securely using a registered Data Processor.
- Lock your computer and mobile phone when not in use; Keeps your data and contacts safe from prying eyes.
- Stay Alert and report suspicious activity; In case something goes wrong and the sooner you report the issue the faster it can be dealt with.
- Password-protect sensitive files and devices; Protecting your devices with strong passwords means you make it incredibly difficult to break in and steal data.
- Always use hard-to-guess passwords; Make sure to use complex passwords not just 12345 or abcdef but “G$4s1KoOl” for example. (It is used more often than you think.)
- Be cautious of suspicious emails and links; don’t let curiosity get the best of you. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
- Don’t plug in personal devices without the OK from IT; Personal devices can be compromised with code waiting to launch as soon as you plug them into the computer.
- Don’t install unauthorised programs on your work computer; If you like an application and think it would be useful, contact IT to look into it for you before installing.
By following the Do’s and Don’ts mentioned above you will greatly reduce the risk of a cyber attack.
Security in shredding offers this type of security and more. please visit our website for more information: http://www.securityinshredding.com/